This dress is made from the same pattern as the one I just put on for sale a couple of weeks ago for Sweet Sue or Toni. The back and front are cut from the pattern, then I cut another front, and cut it down to show the fabric underneath, and finished the cut with rick rack, which I also used to finish the neck and sleeve. I lengthened the same sleeve by taking the sleeve pattern in the pattern and adding length to it. I made the bodice, then held the sleeve pattern up to see how much longer I would need to make it for a three quarter sleeve, then cut out a new sleeve pattern with the new length. It is put on exactly like the short sleeve. After I made the bodice, I put it on the doll and measured how long I had to cut the skirt. Because a long skirt needs to have more width than a short skirt, I added 8 more inches to the width of the skirt as well as the length needed for each doll. I hope this will help you experiment with patterns!
Feel free to leave a question or comment below!